Even though you could access some crime-related information for free, when it comes to an arrest warrant search in Windham County, CT, be prepared to loosen those purse strings. Typically, details such as criminal incident statistics and trends and the most wanted list for the area can be accessed free of charge from the sheriff’s office.
However, if you need to know about the arrest records and outstanding warrants from Windham County, you will need to incur a fee, whether you are connecting with a state agency or a private form for the data. The only difference is that while a third-party service provider will offer you multiple payment options, such as membership for a specific period and per inquiry fees, etc, with a state agency, you will be asked to pay for every warrant search that you launch.
There is also a difference in the way arrest warrant investigations are handled by these agencies. Generally, with a government department, the data access will be limited to the state of CT. This means you can only find out about the crimes that transpired within the geographical boundaries of the state.
As opposed to this, when you work with a private firm, you can get your hands on nationwide crime history details, including information on Windham County arrests and active warrants. Also, the inquiry on arrest warrants can be launched online through the website of the private agency. You will merely have to fill out the form you see on the screen to access this service. For state agencies, go to:
- The sheriff’s: 22 Meadow St, Willimantic, CT 06226
- The magistrate’s: 120 School St, Danielson, CT 06239
- The county clerk’s: 979 Main Street, Williamantic, Connecticut 06226
Who should you be calling for details about Windham County warrants and recent arrests? (Updated in 2021)
- Call the police department or the troopers’ office that detained your subject or is investigating a criminal matter to learn about arrests and warrants. In Windham County, you will need to contact one of these:
- Brooklyn-State Trooper: (860) 779-9008
- Chaplin-State Trooper: (860) 455-2069
- Danielson (Troop D): (860) 779-4900
- Killingly- State Trooper: (860) 779-3900
- Plainfield PD: (860) 564-0808
- Putnam PD: (860) 928-6565
- Call the Victim’s Advocate to understand victim’s rights and to avail help for crime victims and witnesses- (860) 779-8505.
- Contact the Clerk of Court’s Office to seek judicial records of a criminal matter or to initiate a case search- (860) 928-7749.
Crime statistics of Windham County
By the end of 2017, the annual crime rate of Windham County was in the vicinity of 950 incidents. Around 12% of the crimes reported were of a violent nature. The 110 cases filed in this crime category involved 55 cases of aggravated assault, an unusually high, 40-cases of rape, and 26 cases of robbery.
Larceny theft accounted for the majority of complaints in the property crimes category, with 535 cases. Burglary was the second most commonly occurring property crime, with 227 cases while motor vehicle theft came in a distant third with 77 cases.
A few over 1000 criminal cases are lodged in Windham County, Connecticut every year. Approximately 10% of the reported crimes are of a violent nature. However, there has been a drop of almost 80% in the rate of this crime category.